Today BAPCo® releases the new SYSmark® 2014 SE (Second Edition). SYSmark 2014 SE is the latest version of the premier performance metric that measures and compares PC performance based on real world applications. SYSmark 2014 SE reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of Office Productivity, Data/Financial Analysis and Media Creation.
In addition to the many features included in the new SYSmark 2014 SE, BAPCo introduces new innovations into the premier PC performance benchmark metric.
- Responsiveness. The Responsiveness scenario models usages where the ability of the system to react quickly to the user’s input impacts the experience of using the system (i.e. – user’s want to feel like the system responds smoothly and quickly). Some workloads include: application launches, file launches, web browsing with multiple tabs, multi-tasking, file copying, photo manipulation, file encryption and compression, and background application installation.
- Responsiveness Scenario Workload Description. Launch a variety of creativity and productivity applications. Browse a large number of web sites. Import photos into a catalog. Export a large set of photos from a catalog. Decompress the encrypted and unencrypted archive files. Copy a large number of files in the background. Save presentation documents. Install and uninstall applications in the background. Switch between various web browser tabs. Save a variety of documents to the file system. Switch between various applications. See the SYSmark 2014 SE White Paper for more information.
- Energy Consumption Measurement. With the purchase of a supported power meter, SYSmark 2014 SE now offers users the ability to measure energy consumption over the course of a benchmark run. This provides an easy-to-use tool allowing small businesses, corporations and government organizations to factor energy consumption into their internal total cost of ownership procurement calculations. See the SYSmark 2014 SE White Paper for more information. The new Energy Consumption feature records energy usage in watt-hours during the workloads.
Many new features appear in the new SYSmark 2014 SE benchmark release include:
- New and updated applications
- Updated usage models (workloads use commercially available shrink-wrap software)
- Improved results (FDR) formatting
- Allows active Internet connection during benchmark installation and execution
- Support for Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 (64-bit only)
- New uninstall + system restore functionality and many more…
Since 1991, the SYSmark family of benchmarks has been used by PC OEMs, hardware and software developers, IT departments, system integrators, publishers and testing labs as well as information technologists and computer industry analysts. BAPCo’s SYSmark 2014 SE builds upon its predecessors, utilizing the strongest and broadest development team in PC benchmark history. BAPCo’s membership represents the breadth of the computing industry and harnesses a consortium of experts. Head on over to the BAPCo Store for SYSmark 2014 SE purchase and license options here.