MobileMark 2012 Lite
Internet Explorer 9 may crash when playing Flash content on systems equipped with NVIDIA Optimus graphics. Workaround this issue by going to the NVIDIA graphics control panel and set “Preferred graphics processor” to “Integrated graphics” for IE9.
Yes. Some applications packaged with the benchmark suite, such as Microsoft® Office® 2010 SP1, will expire 30 days after installation. Once the applications have expired, the disk containing the MobileMark® 2012 Lite installation must be re-imaged with a new copy of the operating system, and a new instance of MobileMark® 2012 Lite must be installed.
No. MobileMark® 2012 Lite must be installed on and run from the C:\ drive and the user account installing the benchmark must have administrator rights on the target system. In addition, SYSmark® 2012 Lite tests must be executed from the same account that was used to install the benchmark
Test systems with MobileMark® 2012 Lite installed should not be connected to the Internet. Some applications installed as part of MobileMark® 2012 Lite may be deactivated and cause the benchmark to fail if an Internet connection is detected. These applications include:
- Adobe® Acrobat® Pro X
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 Extended
- Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5
Yes. MobileMark® 2012 Lite can be installed from external media such as USB disk or memory keys. Follow the steps below to install from external media. At least 20GB of free space is required.
- Create a new folder on the target USB media. Example folder name “MM2012”
- Create a folder for the contents of DVD1 inside the “MM2012” folder created in step 1. Example folder name “MM2012\Disc1”
- Create a folder for the contents of DVD2 inside the “MM2012” folder created in step 1. Example folder name “MM2012\Disc2”
- Copy the contents of DVD1 into “MM2012\Disc1” folder
- Copy the contents of DVD2 into “MM2012\Disc2” folder
- Copy the individual files Autorun.inf, BAPCo.ico, and MobileMark2012_Setup.exe from DVD1 into folder “MM2012\Disc1”
- Copy files individual files Autorun.inf, BAPCo.ico, from DVD2 into folder “MM2012\Disc2”
- Folder “MM2012\Disc1” should contain folders: Apps, Data, Help, and Setup, and individual files: Autorun.inf, BAPCo.ico, and MobileMark2012_Setup.exe
- Folder “MM2012\Disc2” should contain folders: Apps2, Data2, and Setup2, and individual files: Autorun.inf, BAPCo.ico
- Install the benchmark by launching MobileMark2012_Setup.exe from folder “MM2012\Disc1”
Microsoft Windows operating system attempts to boost performance by caching and pre-fetching data whenever it can. Scores may be lower on the first iteration as MobileMark® is running while Windows caching and pre-fetching is in progress.
The Conditioning Run provides the opportunity for the system to take advantage of built in OS performance optimizations that may help improve scores. If selected, the Conditioning Run iteration will be executed at the beginning of a project. Typically, the Conditioning Run will be executed on AC power. When one iteration of the selected scenario has been successfully completed, the MobileMark 2012 Lite will prompt the user to unplug the system. Once the system is unplugged, MobileMark 2012 Lite will continue to execute the selected scenario until the system battery is completely discharged. Results from the Conditioning Run are not included in the project performance or battery life scoring.
In cases where the Conditioning Run is executed on DC (battery power), the selected iteration will be run one time. Upon completion of the Conditioning Run iteration, MobileMark 2012 Lite will pause the test to check if the system is plugged in or running on battery power. If the system is on battery power, MobileMark 2012 Lite will continue to execute the chosen scenario until the system’s remaining battery charge is exhausted. However, the system will only report battery life and performance qualification scores if the remaining charge in the battery is sufficient to complete one iteration of the scenario. Results from the Conditioning Run will not be included in either the performance qualification or battery life scores.
The MobileMark® 2012 Lite installer will fail to install ABBYY® FineReader Pro if the account name used to install the benchmark contains an apostrophe. To resolve this issue, create a new administrator account which does not contain apostrophes in the account name.
MobileMark® 2012 Lite supports installation on US English, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Russian. The operating system’s Regional Language settings must be set to US English. Additional languages may be supported in future updates. Check the MobileMark® 2012 Lite FAQ online for the latest information.
Installation time for MobileMark® 2012 Lite takes approximately 1.5 hours. Installation time may vary based on the target system configuration.
MobileMark® 2012 Lite run time will vary according to factors such as battery design capacity, battery charge level at the start of the test, test system configuration, and the selected scenario.
Be sure that the system under test is set to the correct date and time to avoid the ‘Clock error detected’ message.
Applications within BAPCo benchmarks are not compiled by BAPCo, but by the original application vendors. All other components within BAPCo benchmarks are compiled using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, or Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (with default options).
This issue typically manifests itself on certain machines with special drive hidden partitions installed by OEMs on their branded machines. One can work around this issue by deleting the special hidden partition installed on the drive(s) and re-running MobileMark® 2012 Lite.
MobileMark 2012 Lite will support Windows 7 ‘N’ versions provided that the test image has Windows Media Player version 12 installed.
If the wireless connection fails during the Office Productivity test try the following:
- When setting up the connection profile for the wireless network, be sure the ‘Connect Automatically’ option is checked
- Reduce the number of clients connected to the router during the Office Productivity
- As a last resort, try resetting the router to factory defaults
The following wireless routers are recommended for use with MobileMark 2012 Lite:
- Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500)
- Linksys E3200 High-Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
Windows 8 is designed to prompt the user for activation every 3 hours. The activation prompt may interfere with MobileMark 2012 Lite tests. There are three ways to prevent this interference:
- Activate the Windows 8 installation using a retail license key.
- Activate the Windows 8 installation using a Key Management Server. Note, this option is only available for Windows 8 Enterprise edition
- Enable Windows 8 Test Mode
- Launch the “regedit” application
- Navigate to the key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.”
- Create a new key with name “7503491f-4a39-4f84-b231-8aca3e203b94”
MobileMark 2012 Lite should be run with DPI scaling set to 100%. Setting the DPI scaling value to something other than 100% may cause the test to fail. The Configuration tool now includes an option to automate setting the DPI scaling value to 100%
Some systems equipped with Atheros BlueTooth modules may experience issues as the Atheros Outlook add-in can disrupt the automation of MobileMark 2012 testing. Please remove the Atheros add-in prior to installing MobileMark 2012. Note that issues may still occur if the add-in has not been fully removed. If such a failure occurs, click ‘Yes’ to disable the add-in when prompted, then restart the MobileMark 2012 test.
For testing on Non-Engish OS, SYSmark 2018 and MobileMark 2018 installers will configure the system correctly for the supported languages, provided the operating system is installed in a supported language, i.e., German.
SYSmark and MobileMark support seven Non-English languages. Download the .pdf for the target language and follow the instructions to configure the operating system.
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (English)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (Portuguese)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (Chinese)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (French)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (German)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (Japanese)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (Russian)
- BAPCo Product Configuration Guide for Non English OS (Spanish)
When using BAPCo benchmarks to evaluate performance or battery life, one should install the latest production drivers from the hardware manufacturer. Drivers included with the operating system may not be device specific or newer drivers may be available from the device manufacturer. Using incorrect drivers could result in significantly reduced performance.