Windows 8/8.1 is designed to prompt the user for activation every 3 hours. The activation prompt may interfere with SYSmark 2014 tests. There are three ways to prevent this interference:
- Activate the Windows 8/8.1 installation using a retail license key.
- Activate the Windows 8/8.1 installation using a Key Management Server. Note, this option is only available for Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise edition
- Enable Windows 8/8.1 Test Mode
- Launch the “regedit” application
- Navigate to the key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.”
- Create a new key with name “7503491f-4a39-4f84-b231-8aca3e203b94”