Since the release of Windows 10 19H1 (build 18362) some users have experienced issues when attempting to test with SYSmark 2018, MobileMark 2018, SYSmark 2014 SE, SYSmark 2014 v1.5, or MobileMark 2014 v1.5. These issues are related to the new Windows Security setting called ‘Tamper Protection’. Microsoft implemented the Tamper Protection setting to prevent third party applications from disabling certain system security settings without the user’s direct knowledge. If Tamper Protection is enabled, the system configuration tool integrated with BAPCo products may fail to apply the ‘Disable Windows Defender’ setting, and the benchmark will error out.
See the procedures below for testing with Tamper Protection on/off.
Note: When Tamper Protection is enabled, users may notice a decrease in benchmark performance scores.
Testing with Tamper Protection ON
- Launch the benchmark interface.
- Open the system config tool in settings and uncheck the ‘Disable Windows Defender’ configuration setting.
- Save the new configuration profile
- Run benchmark
Testing with Tamper Protection OFF
- Close any instances of the benchmark interface
- In the Windows 10 GUI, navigate to:
- Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Security>Virus & threat protection
- Scroll down to find the toggle for Tamper Protection and move it to the ‘Off’ position.
- Run benchmark.