Is Windows 8 activation required for running MobileMark 2012 Lite ? (Applies to version 1.5 or higher)
Windows 8 is designed to prompt the user for activation every 3 hours. The activation prompt may interfere with MobileMark 2012 Lite tests. There are three ways to prevent this interference:
- Activate the Windows 8 installation using a retail license key.
- Activate the Windows 8 installation using a Key Management Server. Note, this option is only available for Windows 8 Enterprise edition
- Enable Windows 8 Test Mode
- Launch the “regedit” application
- Navigate to the key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.”
- Create a new key with name “7503491f-4a39-4f84-b231-8aca3e203b94”